University of Texas Permian Basin offers an excellent compensation package including Heath, Retirement, & Fringe Benefits for employees.
Coverage includes Medical, Prescriptions, Life Insurance, AD&D, and matching retirement provided by UTPB for the employee.
Internal Number: F175P
The University of Texas Permian Basin’s College of Business, Department of Management, Marketing, and Industrial Technology invites applications for full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position(s) of Operations Management, Business Analytics, or related fields with an anticipated appointment beginning in Spring 2023 or Fall 2023.
The successful nominee(s) will join a growing AACSB-accredited College of Business. Growth in demand for expanded undergraduate and graduate programs has created the following opportunity for a committed colleague. The College of Business (https://www.utpb.edu/academics/colleges/business) has AACSB-Business accredited programs in six undergraduate majors (Accounting, Energy Land Management, Finance, Healthcare Management, Management, and Marketing), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Professional Accountancy, Master of Science (MS) in Energy Business, and Master of Science (MS) in Finance. An interest in overseeing the college’s online programs in Industrial Technology will be a secondary consideration in selecting a new colleague for our faculty.
Applications will be screened for interviews at the Academy of Management conference in Seattle and, possibly, the Decision Sciences Institute meeting in Houston.
1. Ph.D. (ABD will be considered) in Operations Management, or related fields from an AACSB-accredited program or;
2. Ph.D. (ABD will be considered) with specialization in Operations Management, Industrial Technology, or closely related fields with an AACSB-accredited Master’s degree.
3. Scholarly Academic status according to AACSB standards.
4. Record of publications in quality journals or demonstration of the potential for publishing in quality journals.
5. A desire to teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses, online as well as face-to-face, while engaged in scholarly research, and service.
1. Ability to teach Operations Management and/or courses like supply chain, quality control, logistics, project management, decision sciences, and business analytics.
2. Strong quantitative and data analytic skills are preferred.
3. Experience in online teaching.
4. Having certificates or intentions to obtain industry-recognized certificates, such as PMP, Six Sigma, or related certificates.
5. Record of service to the university, community, or profession.
6. Able to develop new courses and curriculum based on the College’s and department’s needs.
The University of Texas Permian BasinLocated in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an institution of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 5,500 students, with approximately 2,000 in the College of Business. The University offers an excellent compensation package, which includes a broad range of employee benefits and a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at http://www.utpb.edu/