Assistant Professor of Business Admin., Management, Two Tenure Track Positions, Starts 09-01-2024
Location: Galloway, New Jersey
Tenure Track or Tenured
Position Title: Assistant Professor of Business Admin., Management, Two Tenure Track Positions, Starts 09-01-2024
State: New Jersey
Categories: School of Business
Employment Type: Faculty Full-time
Post Date: 2023-10-30
Campus Location: Main Campus (Galloway)
Department: School of Business
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package
Work Hours: Varies
Brief Job Overview/Summary
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University invites applications for two (2) full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Management, starting September 1, 2024.
Descriptions of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• This position involves teaching both in-person and online Management courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, which may include courses such as Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovation Management, Introduction to Management, Human Resource Management, and Business Policy & Strategies.
• All Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the university's interdisciplinary general studies program as well.
• This position will involve teaching at Stockton's instructional sites in Galloway, NJ and Atlantic City, NJ (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
• Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in scholarly journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences.
• School of Business faculty members are also expected to provide service to the university and community, as well as maintaining liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners.
• School of Business faculty members must also support Stockton University's diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
• An earned doctorate or terminal degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related discipline. Advanced ABD candidates will be considered, but hired as an Instructor until the degree is completed. • Evidence of potential for teaching, research, and service in Management or a closely related field.
• Teaching experience in higher education. • Related industry work experience. • Exposure to or experience within the Liberal Arts. • Experience in the cannabis industry. • Practical experience as an entrepreneur.
Screening Information: Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply: To apply please visit https://employment.stockton.edu or click the "Apply" button. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the online application and include three professional references in addition to the following required documents. All required documents (Microsoft Word of PDF) must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
Current resume or curriculum vitae
Unofficial Graduate transcripts
Teaching philosophy statement (1 page)
Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
Scholarship plans and research capabilities (1 page)